Alexandru Nechifor, 37, appeared at Worthing Magistrates’ Court today (May 18) charged with murdering Antoneta Mirt and assaulting two police officers at his flat in Durrington Lane, Worthing.

Police were called at around 7.50pm on Thursday (May 14) and the 65-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene.

Alexandru Nechifor appeared at court today (May 18) (Image: Sussex News and Pictures)

Magistrates heard that two calls were made to 999 one after the other.

Prosecutor Benjamin Parkinson told the court: “Two calls were made in quick succession.

“In the first call was a male caller saying he had just killed his mother.”

“In the second call, the same man said: “She’s dead, I killed her.”

The body of Antoneta Mirt was found wrapped in blankets tied at both ends on the bedroom floor of the flat.

The court heard she had been suffocated.

Nechifor is also accused of assaulting two police officers when he was arrested.

He will appear again at a crown court later this month.





Source link

[Featured]

[Just In]

Share.
Leave A Reply

Exit mobile version